How to create a new blog post
1. Login to your wordpress dashboard, www.yourdomain.co.nz/login
3. Choose your blog title
4. There are two types of editing window. “Visual” and “Text” Make sure that the “Visual” tab is selected. The “Text” window shows you the html code behind the website and it used for more advanced users who are familiar with html and css.
5. Above the editing window you will see a tool bar. If it only shows 1 line of tools, then select the toolbar toggle icon, to reveal them all.
6. Write out your post as you wish. It uses the same format as editing one of your website pages.
7. If you want to add a heading, type it out, highlight it by dragging the mouse over it, and select a heading option from the drop down menu. If you want to find out what a previous heading size is, just highlight it with your mouse and watch the Heading menu change.
8. Upload a featured image to your blog, but going to the menu on the bottom/right of the page. You could choose something that relates to the blog post.
9. To view your changes, press the blue “Update” again. Now head up to the home icon in the top left hand corner to reveal your website. To go back to the dashboard again. Click the dashboard icon in the same place.
You will notice that when you view your website an admin bar appears across the top of the page. This will not show to other viewers. It is there because you are signed in.
10. To sign out, select the person icon in the top right hand corner, and press “Log out”